I‘m John Phillips, a UX Designer & Web Developer with 15 years experience designing and building for the web.
On twitter, I'm @infomongo.
This ROI Calculator is a simple application created using Angular. I did the UX Design and much of the engineering, adapted from an existing project. It’s a simple marketing tool rather than a prototype, but it shows what Angular can do. Total dev time for this project was about 2 weeks.
At Placeable we created a platform that allowed us to quickly build store locators for our clients. I did the UX design of the templates used in the system. These were “skinned” with the site‘s branding. I was also part of the engineering team that built the system.
Some example sites:
- Smashburger – We created this locator for the brand in 2014.
- Big Lots – A locator for the discount retailer. Search for Denver, CO or click the link “Browse by State”.
- UMB Bank – A branch and ATM locator for this bank. Try searching for Hartford, CT.
Each of these sites has a mobile version, try visiting them on your phone.
The branding and graphic design was done by others. I did the UX design of the base templates, including the flow between pages and information hierarchy.
In addition to the standard templates, clients could choose to fully customize the sites. Bigger brands often went this route.
- Nationwide Insurance - I worked with Nationwide’s excellent UX team to design this Agent Locator. The basic flow is similar to the sites above, but it also supports searching by name and provides a wealth of details about each location. The mobile version of this site is slightly simpler, as our research revealed different use cases for mobile users.
- Western Union – This one was designed by their in-house team. The mobile variation uses the standard designs I developed.