John Phillips: Freelance Writer
Blog Posts / Websites / Microcopy / Documentation / Technical Writing
My background is in technology. I have been designing and building on the web for over fifteen years. My degree is in English. Let me put both skills to work for you.
firstname.lastname@example.org — or use the form below
The Game Plan
- Learn about your audience. Who they are and what they want.
- Understand the tone you want to project.
- Identify your goal. Are we educating or persuading? What does a win look like?
- Write the piece. Edit it. Get your feedback. Revise it. Repeat until you are happy.
- Promote the piece on social media and my blog. (Unless I ghostwrite it.)
Base Rate 10¢ a word $70 for 700 words, $100 for 1,000
Research Required 15¢ a word $105 for 700 words, $150 for 1,000
Highly Technical 30¢ a word $210 for 700 words, $300 for 1,000
Those categories are fairly subjective, but we’ll start with a conversation and agree on a price up front.
If you’d prefer an hourly or project rate, no problem. We can work that out.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
If you are blogging as part of a content marketing strategy, SEO is an important consideration. I have a good grasp of the basics. For example, this post currently ranks second on google for the search “presenting multiple design options.”
There are a lot of factors that affect ranking, and I can’t promise that your post will be on the first page of results. But I will maximize your ranking, and I understand which details matter most.
Topics I Have Written About
- Using webhooks in in Inversoft Passport
- DevOps as a service
- Continuous delivery in agile development
- Storing data using a REST API
- Designing for one-handed use on mobile devices
- WordPress: how to enable the multisite feature
- BitJob’s blockchain-based freelance market for student jobs
- Stox: an open-source platform for creating prediction markets
You can get a feel for my writing style on my blog.